» Craft Beer Culture – Hopworks Urban Brewery

Craft Beer Culture – Hopworks Urban Brewery

Craft Beer Culture – Hopworks Urban Brewery

Hopworks is a recently new brewery that has been operating in Portland for the past seven years, but has been making huge waves with both their brews and their practices. Their goal was to revolutionize and inspire the brewing industry with practices that drive quality, protect the environment, and improve their community.

How do they do this? Well, first they start with some fantastic sustainable practices. They reduce water waste in their productions, but have also gone a few extra steps that others have not. They have installed low flow appliances in their bathrooms and kitchens, and most impressively have made a commitment to catch and store rainfall for the dry season. They take these same types of initiatives to reduce their power consumption, the transportation of their product to stores, and are working to become a zero waste facility. Currently 89 percent of all their waste is recycled, and they are striving to eliminate that remaining 11 percent. We love when a company makes a strong commitment to the environment, and develops creative ways to accomplish their goal.

Check them out at: hopworksbeer.com

image
Back to blog
Leave a comment
Anything we can help you with?